[meteorite-list] How about a thread to discuss hunting ethics - west

MeteorHntr at aol.com MeteorHntr at aol.com
Thu Apr 2 20:13:35 EDT 2009

Jason,

Remind us all what weights you found and how much the trip  cost you and your
dad, and the cost of the time your dad had to invest in lost  Medical Doctor
wages to find what you guys found?  OK, leave out of the  formula what your
dad's time is worth, that is none of our business.  Why  don't you just figure
your time invested as being worth $15/hour, for the total  cost.

Now, recalculate what your cost per gram would have been if you  didn't find
your big rock, as few hunters were as lucky as you were in finding  such a big
rock.

Also, break down what it cost YOU for your finds per  gram and break down
what price per gram your dad paid for all of HIS  grammage of rocks he found, if
you would for us?

By the way, how much are  you willing to sell some of your specimens for?
Would you sell them for  double your cost, for a not so "clinically insane"
price of say  maybe $24/g?   At that price, I might be a  buyer.

Steve

In a message dated 4/2/2009 6:16:52 P.M. Central Daylight Time,