[meteorite-list] Meteorite-Times for March is now up

STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com
Sun Mar 16 13:42:22 EDT 2008

WOW!   Great article on an incredible  stone.

Everybody check it out!  Martin is back with an  "Accretion Desk" article!

Martin used to come visit me out in rural Idaho  and it was fun to polish
rocks, put in some scope time and shoot our Glocks from  the porch.  I bet we
were the only guys who would spend half their day on a  microscope and the other
half target practicing.   I now live in  Tennessee and Martin in Montana.

I had missed his Accretion Desk articles  but knew he was just getting
settled in Montana.

He brought that  incredible CAI over and at first I didn't know what it was.
It was so big,  I figured an inclusion of some sort but didn't guess CAI.  It
polished up  beautiful with incredible lavender hues.  I was quite taken by
that rock  and I congratulate Martin on a successful acquisition of the other
half.  He mentions how not buying both halves in 2005 was bothering  him and
the better the stone looked when we polished it to 1/4 micron the more  he
missed the other half.  I would of never guessed he could bring them  back
together.  That must be a fun story in it's self.

Welcome back  Martin!!!

Tom Phillips

In a message dated 3/16/2008 11:53:07  A.M. Central Daylight Time,