[meteorite-list] Washington Meteorite Map!

Eric Wichman eric at meteoritewatch.com
Thu Feb 21 16:52:49 EST 2008

Resending earlier post that was not posted:

I tried sending this to the list yesterday but I guess it didn't post
or I didn't see it. Anyway, here it is again...

-------------------------BEGIN ORIGINAL MESSAGE SENT FEB 20th @
1:18pm-----------------------------------------

After hearing the news about the meteor I figured I'd do some
research. I've compiled reports from all across the northwest from
newpapers, websites, videos, and eyewitness accounts of the fall.
This is what I came up with.

www.meteoritewatch.com

I've mapped the reports so far using Google Earth and Google maps,
and combined this map with icons detailing the sightings by type.
Audible, Visiual, and Physical. Some reports of Sonic Booms and
Actual eye witness accounts of the fireball breaking apart in the
General area of Kennewick WA, to as far south as Baker City OR.
You'll see a pattern here and a rough estimate of where the meteor COULD be.

-------------------------END ORIGINAL MESSAGE SENT FEB 20th @
1:18pm-----------------------------------------

UPDATE: Having said all that... There's more info here on the
NuggetShooter forum I posted about a hour or so ago here:
http://www.nuggetshooter.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=12439

It looks as if the meteor did impact the ground. Scientists aren't
sure, but it seems Robert Ward is! This is good news for hunters.
We'll have to wait and see...

This is not any private info, and I'm not releasing any secrets about
this fall although I do know some things I cannot say right now. But
what I can say is I am very sure there are meteorites on the ground
and that it's only a matter of time before someone finds them. When
they do you'll know because that area up there will be crawling with
hunters and scientists.

Regards,
Eric Wichman
MW