[meteorite-list] the las palmas iron

Notkin geoking at notkin.net
Thu Dec 11 15:39:15 EST 2008

Dear Steve and List:

I am curious to know if there has been any recent news on the
classification of Las Palmas. I heard quite a while ago that Ted might
be working on it.

It's a lovely iron and I have a few, and have been wondering for some
time if Las Palmas is paired with Campo or a new find. Although the
examples I have bear some resemblance to Campo del Cielo, the Las
Palmas irons show better preservation, far more elaborate shapes, and
display many small regmaglypts.

I don't recall if Ted is on the List, but if you are, I'd be most
interested in further info when it becomes available.

Thanks and regards,

Geoff N.

www.aerolite.org
www.campometeorites.com