[meteorite-list] Steve Arnold's Famous Reverse Auction

Darren Garrison cynapse at charter.net
Tue Apr 29 00:43:16 EDT 2008

On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 00:18:13 EDT, you wrote:

>Since, so many people seemed to enjoy my so called  "Reverse Auctions" I had
>in the past, I thought "Hey, why not do it on  Ebay?"

Now, that sounds interesting.  It was the "Sealed-bid first-price auction" I was
poo-poohing, which I thought you might have meant-- I've seen it used here
before-- people make private offers, highest offer is taken, you don't know what
the lower offers were.  Me, win or lose, I want to know how much the other
bidders were offering (wherther I got a steal or was a sucker).

>Doug mentioned, this more as a "Going  out of business sale" format.  I would
>agree, with the exception that I am  not "going out of business."  Maybe it
>would be best compared to a  furniture store that is having an inventory
>liquidation sale.

Ah, one of these sales:

http://webpages.charter.net/garrison6328/video/