[meteorite-list] By Popular Demand................

Impactika at aol.com Impactika at aol.com
Mon Apr 14 17:07:05 EDT 2008

Lots of mail in my mail-box  today!!!

I have read every single email and concluded that the  (private) responses
were unanimously positive. Thank you to all of you for  taking the time to
write, I do appreciate.

Now let me try to answer  some of the concerns voiced on the List.

Martin, I hope you have  found your tranquilizer pills. Maybe a glass of wine
will help, or a good night  sleep. Yes, there is the problem (and risk) of
competition. But we deal with a  very special merchandise, not 2 pieces are
exactly alike (not like shoes) maybe  you have a slice and I have an end-piece, or
maybe your slice has an odd  inclusion and mine does not. And we both work
with rare historical pieces,  there are very few examples of those on the market
and the provenance is  even more critical.
And on this subject, I intent to improve my  listing of provenance, by going
up further in the chain of ownership, when  possible, and when I have the
documentation. As we found out Saturday, knowing  the last owner(s) of a
particular piece is not always sufficient, just take a  look at all the names you will
find on Bob Evans feedback on Ebay. So I will try  to go further. One example:
I listed the Moorabie as coming from Robert Haag  although I bought it from
Jason Philips but it came with Robert's label  (Thank you Jason), so I know it
originally came from him.

Alex,  thin-sections is a different problem. Of course I can tell you my
sources for  the material used to make those thin-sections, but that is not your
question,  isn't it?  I believe most collectors of thin-sections know very well
who  makes 90% of my thin-sections, he is a long time expert, and he worked
for David  New until David New retired last November. But, as part of our
business deal, he  has asked me not to mention his name. He has more work than he
cares for and he  does not want all of you to beat a path to his door. However,
I'll be glad to  tell you that Steve Schoner has started making thin-sections
too, and being a  very careful, meticulous person, he is doing very well. In
fact he made all the  Ureilite thin-sections on my catalog (reference number
begin with SS). Does that  help?

If you have any other questions, please do ask.
Again  thank you very much for all the responses.

Anne M.  Black
www.IMPACTIKA.com
IMPACTIKA at aol.com
Vice-President of IMCA