[meteorite-list] Mount Tazerait, Is it obtainable?

Thetoprok at aol.com Thetoprok at aol.com
Sat Apr 5 12:26:57 EDT 2008

In a message dated 4/5/2008 10:49:55 A.M.  Eastern Standard Time,
STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com writes:
Hi List,  I  recently imaged a thin section  of Mount Tazerait L5.  I found
it
fell Aug 21 1991 in Niger but I haven't  seen any for sale (since I  started
looking which was just recently).  Is  this a hard one to  find?

In the thin section was a large inclusion.   I have many  cool micrographs of
it on the March Meteorite Times issue (Open the   magazine and click on Micro
Visions).

http://www.meteorite-times.com/meteorite_frame.htm

This  inclusion  was different from what I am used to seeing and reminded me
of some Earth like  volcanic structures.  I won't start tossing  descriptive
names around  because I might be way off.

Any of you  with the time and inclination,  please share your thoughts of
what
this  stuff reminds you of.

And if any  one knows of Mount T for sale,  please let me know.

Thanks,  Tom  Phillips

**************Planning your summer road trip? Check out AOL  Travel Guides.

http://www.meteoritecentral.com
Meteorite-list  mailing  list