[meteorite-list] New meteor tracking software (Forward to list from Marc Fries)

STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com
Sat Sep 1 10:59:59 EDT 2007

Howdy all

I just happened to  come across this software, which consists of several
packages for capturing and  analyzing transient events such as  meteors:

http://sonotaco.com/e_index.html

If the  advertising is to be believed, then it looks like pretty powerful
software.  One function produces orbital elements for meteors and I wonder  how
well that works.  Has anyone used this software and could give an  opinion on
it?

Cheers,

Marc Fries

Marc  Fries
Research Scientist
Geophysical Laboratory
Carnegie Institution of  Washington
5251 Broad Branch Rd. NW
Washington, DC 20015
fax: 202 478  8901

I urge you to consider donating items requested by military  personnel
currently serving in harm's way at  AnySoldier.com:

http://www.anysoldier.com

Or to adopt a  soldier overseas through the excellent advocacy program,
Soldier's  Angels:

http://www.soldiersangels.org/

This is not an  endorsement by either the Geophysical Laboratory or the
Carnegie Institution.