[meteorite-list] Amazing daylight fireball

Sterling K. Webb sterling_k_webb at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 27 14:11:09 EDT 2007

Hi, Giovanni, List,

    Thanks for the video. This is one of the very best
fireball films I've ever seen! Truly spectacular!

    In the first interview with an astronomer in the news
report, I was able to pick out only two words (or maybe
it was one word): SUPER-BOLIDE.

    I suspect it was massive enough to have gotten some
remnants to the ground. The arc and the late, low-level
fragmentation also suggest a slower than usual entry
speed, another factor that aids getting fragments to the
ground.

    It's a great video.

Sterling K. Webb