[meteorite-list] Tucson hotels

Matson, Robert ROBERT.D.MATSON at saic.com
Mon Jan 8 15:53:16 EST 2007

Hi All,

I'm afraid I have to concur with Adam and David on the Tucson
hotel/motel situation.  Something about paying Manhattan prices
for a roach and bed-bug infested room in an area you wouldn't
walk at night unarmed rubs me the wrong way.  There are many
wonderful people that I would love to see there this year (and
perhaps I still will), but I won't support hotel piracy.

I see that a room at the Westward Look would run about $350
a night after fees and taxes.  Split between two people, that's
a better deal than staying solo anywhere downtown.  It's still
overpriced, but at least it's a nice place.  --Rob