[meteorite-list] EL6/7 meteorite loaded on eBay for one cent.4.779 kilogr...

STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com
Wed Jan 3 21:23:32 EST 2007

Hi all,  This is Tom Phillips (New to the list).  I'm the guy  that takes the
meteorite micrographs for a hobby.  I have nearly 100  kilo of this
EL3/EL6/7/Aubrite and I couldn't help notice the controversy.   It's hard to change
quick when other pairings are still being called something  else.

I have sent samples to Ted Bunch (not self paired) of both color types  and
my understanding, at the moment is, all the material, brown and blue/gray is
from the same find.  The different color types have just undergone  differences
in terrestrialization.

Just as a note: random lots of this material came to me in an approximate
90% brown, 10% blue/gray.  This ratio may hold true but I have been told  that
the early shipments were mostly brown because (at first) it was  collected on
the surface (Mostly!).  Now that it is being dug up, the % of  blue/gray
collected, MAY go up.

I'm in no was an expert, this is just my current understanding.

Can I post micrographs to the list?    Tom