[meteorite-list] magnetic meteorites

Ken Newton magellon at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 2 21:43:53 EST 2007

Hi Michael,
Magnetic can mean more than one thing:
1.    of or pertaining to a magnet or magnetism.
2.    having the properties of a magnet.
3.    capable of being magnetized or attracted by a magnet.
4.    pertaining to the magnetic field of the earth: the magnetic equator.
5.    exerting a strong attractive power or charm: a magnetic personality.
6.    noting or pertaining to various bearings and measurements as
indicated by a magnetic compass: magnetic amplitude; magnetic course;
magnetic meridian.

The definition pertaining to meteorites is #3 not #2.
Best,
ken