[meteorite-list] New micrographs Angrite at 2100X cross pol

STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com
Sun Apr 22 21:22:27 EDT 2007

Hi list.  Paul has set up a new batch to my  Meteorite Micrograph Gallery
hosted by Meteorite  Times.

http://www.meteorite.com/meteorite-gallery/index.htm

The  new material is:

Santa Vitoria do Palmar (L3)
NWA 999 Eucrite
NWA  2086 CV3
NWA 2090 CO3
SAH 99555 Angrite

The Angrite is imaged at  400X, 760X and 2100X.  I was just testing the
limits with the 2100X.   They are not as fine an image as I would like, but they
are cool and  interesting.  The 400X shots really show off the unique structure
of the  Angrite.  I think you all would enjoy them.

The thin sections: Santa  Vitoria do Palmar (L3), NWA 999 Eucrite, and SAH
99555 Angrite were a loan from  Jeff Hodges.

The NWA 2086 CV3 and NWA 2090 CO3 were reflected light  examination of highly
polished thick slices provided by Mike  Farmer.

Thanks for looking and please let me know how you liked the 2100X  Angrite.
If it is a waist of time, I would still like to know.  Jeff  had a custom thin
prepared for this that was polished to 1/4 micron on both  sides!  We will do
more it is thought to be worth while.

Tom  Phillips