[meteorite-list] Dig Turns Up Little At Mysterious Newport Tower *except for a meteorite)

Charlie Devine moonrock25 at webtv.net
Mon Nov 27 07:40:41 EST 2006

I spent 2 days at the Newport Tower dig, but was unable to examine the
"meteorite", as by then it was in the mayor's office for "safe keeping",
and the mayor was nowhere to be found.  Whether it be meteorite or
meteorwrong, it belongs to the city of Newport.
I did explain to Jan and Ron Barsted, the directors of the dig, the
steps necessary to get it classified and officially recognized, should
it be the real thing.  As a result it will be taken to Arizona State
University for identification.  Jan Barsted is a faculty member at ASU.
Here are the 2 photos I posted last week, should anyone care to comment
based on photos alone:
http://www.chronognostic.org/photo_tour.php?date=20061018&id=26

http"//www.chronognostic.org/photo_tour.php?date=20061018&id=27

C. Devine