[meteorite-list] The ultimate meteorite tester

mark ford markf at ssl.gb.com
Mon Nov 27 04:41:09 EST 2006

This whole 'spy poisoned by Polonium 210' thing; whilst clearly tragic
for those concerned, it was interesting reading the reports in the press
over the weekend, talk about complete misconception after misconception!

The revelation that 'you can actually buy a radioactive source in the
internet!' Erm, well actually you can buy a powerful Alpha source in
your local supermarket (in a smoke alarm). (Key detail is the activity
<1uCi!, which the press decided to 'overlook' in their reports)

Now show me where you can buy a 700GBq Po-210 source (without any
'questions asked') and I will be worried, until then ....

Dave said:
> I think I'm gonna start a new hobby..... collecting radioactive
isotopes.

.. As HAL from '2001' would say: 'Im sorry Dave, I'm afraid you can't do
that!' :)

Mark