[meteorite-list] Several Stewart Valley Meteorites for sale

Robert Verish bolidechaser at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 21 21:58:22 EST 2006

This will have to be short because I'm packin' up to
go hunting again, but suffice to say that my offer
still stands.  And, yes, it really is 25 cents a gram.

But these fragments are the "left-over pieces of the
puzzle" that I couldn't find a way to fit into the
meteorite masses that I'm trying to reconstruct.  And
I have a lot of leftover pieces to share.  So before
you make your next StV meteorite purchase, check with
me.
I won't be undersold!

I also buy StV fragments. I offer to buy from my
fellow hunters any fragments that they find at 25
cents a gram.  That's the price I paid for these
pieces.  But the price I'm willing to pay is relevant
to a number of factors.  For instance, if I only
needed one more piece to complete a reconstruction,
and if Sonny had that last fragment, I would be more
than glad to pay his asking price.

By the way, who is the "original finder of the
Franconia meteorite?  Can we have a show of hands?
I can't find a record of that anywhere.  Maybe Ruben
Garcia knows this guy.

But, if the original finder doesn't report what he has
found to the NomComm, how can we give him credit for
finding the first Franconia, even if we assume what he
found is paired to John's find?
Which means that John Wolfe is still the finder of the
original Franconia "stone".

Also, there appears to be a misconception that if you
get your meteorite classified, that it will become
public knowledge whether you want it to, or not.
Speaking for the people that have classified my
meteorites and the NomCom that records that
information there has never been a breach of
confidentiality.  It is in the NomComm's best interest
to keep the data for provisionally assigned meteorites
confidential until it is formally approved.  And
likewise, they expect me to respect that
confidentiality, as well.

Gotta go, whatever else will have to be delt with
later when I get back.
Bob V.

wahlperry at aol.com wahlperry at aol.com
Tue Nov 21 18:28:24 EST 2006

Hi Bob,

It looks like I must have struck a nerve! As you know
John Wolf was not
the original finder of the Franconia Strewn field.

Thanks,
Sonny