[meteorite-list] Re-2: ANOTHER QUESTION

bernd.pauli at paulinet.de bernd.pauli at paulinet.de
Mon Nov 20 12:56:11 EST 2006

Chris writes:

It isn't always easy tracking down IAU definitions. If somebody is aware of
a later definition, or an online reference to the Commission 22 definitions,
I'd appreciate knowing about it. Chris

Hello "Fireballers" and "Bolites",

I still have most of the mails flying to and fro on our list back in 1998 re: bolide
vs. fireball. So if interested, let me know and I'll send you a copy of this Microsoft
WORD.doc

It's too long to re-post it here and now... 10 DINA4 pages but, yes, we did also
mention the Commission 22 definition of terms:

Fireball = A bright meteor with luminosity which equals or exceeds that of the
brightest planets. (Definition of terms by the IAU Commission 22, 1961).

Cheers,

Bernd

To: clp at alumni.caltech.edu
    meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com