[meteorite-list] Early 2007 Kansas Meteorite Society Events

MARK BOSTICK thebigcollector at msn.com
Mon Nov 20 12:47:03 EST 2006

Hello Everyone,

A couple notes on meteorite exhibitions and talks that will be hosted by the
Kansas Meteorite Society in the next few months.  If anyone is interested In
more information, feel free to e-mail me and I will provide whatever
information I can.

Wichita Lawn and Garden Show,
February 28-March 4

Attendance should be around 50,000.  We will be set up in the education
section.

Wichita Gem and Mineral Society (http://www.geocities.com/wgms2001/)
54th Annual Show
April 20 - 22, 2007

The theme of the show this year is “Meteorites & Dazzling Treasurers.” The
general theme of the Wichita Gem and Mineral Society for 2007 is meteorites.
The Wichita Gem and Mineral Society will be spending about several thousand
in advertisement to promote the event, so we are expecting a pretty good
turn out.  The first day is always youth day and usually several classrooms
take field trips to the show.

John Schooler has set up at the show for several years now and this year we
will also have Steve Arnold (Arkansas) along with a big Brenham or two.

Discount coupons are available…although I think it is only $4-5 at full
price to attend.  If you would like a coupon e-mail me and I will make sure
you get one in time.

Botanical, The Wichita Gardens (http://www.botanica.org/)

We will be hosting a talk on meteorites at the Botanical.  I am not sure on
the exact date off hand. Sometime around March-April I believe.

Clear Skies,
Mark Bostick
Wichita, Kansas
www.meteoritearticles.com