[meteorite-list] rumurutiite

David Weir dgweir at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 19 23:19:26 EST 2006

Hello,

That R3-6 breccia on ebay is simply awesome! I do have a slice I bought
already, just as awesome, which also exhibits such distinct diverity of
clasts spanning the entire petrologic type range. I paid many hundreds
of dollars per gram in 1998 to acquire a small piece of the first R
chondrite breccia I had seen offered, a group known previously in the
literature as the Carlisle Lakes type chondrites. Now just 8 years later
a magnificent example of this breccia is offered at a steal. We are
fortunate for opportunities such as this, thanks for continuing to share
the bounty.

David