[meteorite-list] Meteor showers and meteorite falls

doctor death neocondeatheaters at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 17 14:22:27 EST 2006

Meteorite showers from Comet trails might be CM2  or CI1 types if this
happens. Not big rocky ones like observed bolides. Perhaps more dust in the
raingutters. Somewhere I recall that the best time to watch meteors is
around 4:00 am where the Earth is facing foward in orbit. And the most
likely time for a  retrivable fall is 4:00 pm when a meteorite is
approaching earth is catching up to it in orbit.  Kind of like retriving
bugs off the front and  back windshields. Anybody care to back me up on
this?