[meteorite-list] partial collection sale - help me stay in school, which requires time I may have to spend working longer, and buy textbooks!

Thaddeus Besedin endophasy at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 20 05:46:08 EST 2006

  Hello. My state government aid has been cut dramatically due to the repercussions of implemenatation of responses to general budgetary concerns, such as subsequently revised economic qualification standards in California. Plus, I have possibly exceeded the maximum number of units that my school permits one to have to qualify for federal aid, and I have yet to receive any check. This will take some time to sort out., although I recognize that this is my problem. Due to these conditions and my extrapolated poverty, I must sell a large portion of my modest collection. I collected for reference purposes, choosing fascinating petrographies over rarity or value. Amphoterites were a special concern of mine, as well as extrusions and examples of metamorphic grades and carbonaceous chondrite metasomatism. Buy all (please - I just want to break even), and we'll discuss a significant discount. Plus, I'll trade for a good laptop, certain books and analytic instruments. I will entertain
  and
 consider individual offers on more expensive specimens. All specimens have been handled with chlorine-free gloves and have been stored in perforated polyethylene bags in inert storage containers with loose lids - all sealed in one large bag with a well-maintained container of silica gel. There is no advancing oxidation, and my climate is dry (So. California). Plus, I may get to the OC and iron specimens that I have (at least 60 more specimens). These were all purchased originally from reputable dealers (e.g. Hupes, Mike Farmer, Michael Cottingham et al.).
  Thank you for the inbox space.
  -Thaddeus Besedin

 Millbillillie eucrite .7 g crusted part slice $12

 Dhofar 300 metamorphosed eucrite breccia - colorful 3.26 g part slice  $125
 NWA 1646 eucrite S5 W1 TKW: 259g .834 g part slice $20, part slice .8 g $19
  I have heard that there is a possibility that this stone originated on or near Mercury. Can someone clarify this? Anorthite clasts give this a lunar appearance.

NWA 1109 polymict eucrite 0.8 g part slice $8 possibly a howardite, since some samples have been determinied to contain >10% diogenitic orthopyroxene inclusions

 NWA 1282 Howardite TKW: 21g!  0.618 g $27, .74g  $31 part slices
http://tin.er.usgs.gov/meteor/metbull.php?code=32155

  Pena Blanca Aubrite .432 g part slice $14

  ORDINARY CHONDRITES:

  NWA 1930 LL3 S2 W2 3.98g thin slice $14

NWA 1945 LL3 end cut 2.322g S1 W2 $10

NWA 1283 (provisionally classified by Rubin at UCLA as an LL3), L3.7 or LL3 (according to the metoritical society)
1.5 g
slice S1 TKW 44g $35 absolutely stunning multi-colored radial pyroxene chondrules!
http://tin.er.usgs.gov/meteor/metbull.php?code=32156

  Tag 019 LL3.7 part slice 3.5 g $13

  NWA 984 LL4 part slice 7.6 g S3 W2 $26 TKW reported at 89g
  http://internt.nhm.ac.uk/jdsml/research-curation/projects/metcat/detail.dsml?Key=N1615.984

NWA 3125 LL5 S2 W2 TKW: 577g 2.5g part slice $7.50, 2.854 g end cut $8.25

NWA 1794 LL5 end cut TKW: 398g S2 W1 2.7 g $6
  http://tin.er.usgs.gov/meteor/metbull.php?code=17477

  NWA 1809 LL6 TKW: 214g S2 W2 tri-color breccia, unique and symetrically and compositionally well-zoned (red/grey/blue) - almost laminated
   5.3 g thin part slice with crust $26

  NWA 1701 LL5 IMB TKW 225 g 2.9 g part slice $100
  This was cut from the fine-grained, heavily shock-metamorphosed section.
file http://www.lpi.usra.edu/meetings/lpsc2006/pdf/1454.pdf

  NWA 1584 LL5  end cut 2.6g S2 W1 $10

  NWA 2499 LL6 colorful breccia S4 W3 TKW 82g 2.17 end cut nice crust $12

  Bensour LL6 S4 W0 .6 g 50% crusted fragment $5

  Dhofar 011 LL7 S3 W3 TKW 150g 1.69 g part slice $65

  NWA 2127 L4 complex regolith breccia part slice .262g S 2-4 W 1 TKW
45.2g $30

Haxtun H/L4 part slice 2.8 $7

  Djoumine H5-6 S3 W0 1.2g fragment $10

RUMURUTIITES:
  NWA 978 R 3.8 1.06g S3 W2 $12

  NWA 753 R 3.9 .95g part slice $10

   NWA 800 R4 W3 1.6g end cut $12

CARBONACEOUS CHONDRITES:

NWA 1907 CK5 TKW 476g 1.98 g part slice   $55

  Allende 2.11 individual, fresh (old recovery) - excellent scale-like crust contraction fissures (65% total), oviform; other than impact scar - complete $12

DaG 082 CO3 3g end cut $15

NWA 1465 CV3 anom. slice, less weathering than usual 1.33 g $19
NWA 2502 CV3 anom. S2-3 W3 TKW 590g slice 1.52 g $22
NWA 2180 CV3 TKW 369.3 g slice 2.6g $22
NWA 801 CR2:
  beautiful  5.4 g slice - all metal rust-free and intact! a thin presentation slice with evenly spaced, complete and well-preserved proportional chondrules. many are completely surrounded by Fe-Ni $115,
  1.4 g part slice $27
  1.5 g  end cut (large black xenolithic inclusion) $30
  1.6g end cut $30
  0.7g complete individual $14

Taza plessitic octahedrite 3.1g individual $20