[meteorite-list] What else do you collect?

Impactika at aol.com Impactika at aol.com
Fri Dec 1 02:17:52 EST 2006

In a message dated 12/1/2006 12:08:30 A.M.  Mountain Standard Time,
cynapse at charter.net writes:
I just took a couple of  quick photos of some of my best (in terms of size,
shape, color, condition,  or any of the above) larger (and some smaller) shark
teeth.  Try to  overlook the quality of the photo (taken inside, with flash).
I'm not making  any claims that they are museum-worthy, but I'm happy with
them,
and some  here may never seen similar ones before.  They are a mixture of
mostly
ones bought from local sources (river divers selling them at a flea  market,
tourist stops along the South Carolina coast) and a few from  Ebay.
Unfortunately, I've never been lucky enough to find anything large on  my own.
The scale coin is a US  half-dollar.

http://webpages.charter.net/garrison6328/sharkteeth1.jpg

http://webpages.charter.net/garrison6328/sharkteeth2.jpg

I  did a lot of mineral shows with Alain Carion, and he always had some small
 specimens for the kids, and of course, some small shark teeth.
And it never  failed, there would always be some kids asking: "how do you get
those teeth from  the sharks?"  I was often tempted to say: "Oh, just with a
pair of  pliers!". Just to see the reactions.  ;-)

Anne M.  Black
www.IMPACTIKA.com
IMPACTIKA at aol.com
President, I.M.C.A.  Inc.