[meteorite-list] re: Bolide?

Marco Langbroek marco.langbroek at wanadoo.nl
Fri Sep 23 04:58:18 EDT 2005

 > From: "moni Waiblinger-Seabridge" <moni2555 at hotmail.com>
 > Subject: [meteorite-list]bolide?
 >
 > Does it look like a cork screw?
 > My friend Cuc (my meteorite search partner) and I just drove home from our
 > evening walk and we spotted something in the sky towards the east that
 > looked like a cork screw pattern in the sky.
 >
 > I have no idea what this could have been.

Hi Moni,

If you are in the western part of the US, this could very well have been last
evenings Minotaur rocket launch from Vandenberg AFB, which according to numerous
eyewitness reports must have been very spectacular and was witnessed from
several western states. You might have seen the exhaust plume. See also
(including a photo of corkscrew exhaust plume):

  http://www.spaceflightnow.com/minotaur/stpr1/

- Marco

-----
Dr Marco Langbroek