[meteorite-list] Re: NASA to Unveil Plans to Send 4 Astronauts to Moon in...

MexicoDoug at aol.com MexicoDoug at aol.com
Thu Sep 15 16:11:43 EDT 2005

Mah!  I don't know Darren, it takes a heck of a lot longer to work  under the
hood of a car with 2000's technology than a car with 50's and 60's
technology.    From the sounds of it, though, the technology is  from a 60's and 70's
junkyard, with more airbags and increased passenger space  and head room...as
for there being no space race Ron, can you copy that to  George and the Chinese
in language each can understand and see if they agree  there is no race to
have Moonbase Alpha nor dark forces at work  for whoever who gets caught off
guard?  How does NASA's Moonbase  program compare in constant dollars annually to
the Apollo program  anyways?  The jump from Mercury to Gemini, btw, didn't
take 10 years!   Regarding Apollo, I would say the new program is about at the
equivalent of July  1966 when boosters were being tested...and by July 1969 the
Eagle had landed, so  3 years is a valid number to use for comparison of then
and now...for next  manned Lunar touchdown...

Saludos, Doug
PS  What does Mah! mean?
PPS  I happen to think that NASA's 1960's space technology was pretty  good
by today's standards!

>> So, getting to the moon with the technology of the 50s/60s  takes less
than a decade, but getting to
>> the moon with the  technology of the 2000s takes 15 years?
>

>There's currently no  'space race' like there was in the 1950s/1960s.  Also,
this plan will  land 4 astronauts on the lunar surface, as opposed to the
>Apollo's  two.  And they are targeting the harder-to-reach polar regions to
take  advantage of ice resources, where Apollo went to more easily reached