[meteorite-list] Question about meteorites in sand dunes

Dave Freeman mjwy dfreeman at fascination.com
Thu May 26 15:08:59 EDT 2005

Dear Pele;
Sand dunes are a mostly active thing as they grow vegetation if they do
not move. I would estimate that due to the continued dryness of the
deserts of Africa and that sand dunes were there then that your
meteorites have a 50% chance of being burried and the same chance of
being exposed. Now if they have been exposed for that whole time...they
may have grown legs and may have been carried off being how meteorites
have value and most of Africa knows that by now.
Being you are a meteorite collector, I would think that this question
should be very easily answered by yourself.
Dave F.