[meteorite-list] Canyon Diablo & nomenclature...was (Is AmgalaOfficial?/N...

MexicoDoug at aol.com MexicoDoug at aol.com
Tue May 17 02:20:09 EDT 2005

Jerry F writes:
>Cool Beans Doug! Always a great yarn spinner. This  is what
>I've learned often from your contributions to the list!

Jerry,  May I recommend Zane Grey Western Novels to you - they are a giant
leap better  than my comparatively anemic ramblings and even comic books, but
hit the same  target.  Truly inspiring an appreciation of those romanticized old
western  times (which probably tasted like a mouthful of desert sands on
parched lips to  those who acted in them) you won't be let down.  Author Zane Gray
wrote  many of his emocional works while basking in the lesser known crown
jewels of  Arizona topography - the Mogollon Rim (also H.H.'s abode)...in a
cabin he had  built in 1920 about 40 miles away from Meteor Crater.  Highly
entertaining  and at the time Barringer was reaching a crescendo doing what he did
best...see  if you can find any references in the Zane Grey works of the 1920's
to Meteor  Crater!!

The most promising are:
"Nevada" (1928)
"The Hash Knife  Outfit" (1933)