[meteorite-list] AD: Video Footage of our trip to Oman

Darren Garrison cynapse at charter.net
Sun Jun 5 10:10:55 EDT 2005

On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 02:03:38 -0500, "Sterling K. Webb" <kelly at bhil.com> wrote:

>    Street price on a Plextor 16X internal about $100, externals a little more
>but how many USB 2.0 ports can you support (with beefed up power supply)?
>Answer is:  lots!  You also need the software that allows simultaneous burning
>of multiple DVD's at the same time.

I was thinking about mentioning something similar, but on a lower budget, lower volume formula.  I
was going to say what I would do in the situation would be to buy an adapter to move my HD from a
EIDE port to a serial-ATA one (cost-- about $15 bucks) then pick up 4 8-speed burners (cost-- about
$40 each) and fill the 4 EIDE ports with those.  Total cost for that adaptation-- less than $200.
Fire up Nero, choose to burn to all 4 drives at once, and you could crank out 24 or so discs per
hour.

I'm not so sure that I'd trust USB 2.0 or Firewire for high-speed, multiple-drive burning, so if 4
EIDE drives wasn't enough, I'd think you'd want to go SCSI.