[meteorite-list] AD: Video Footage of our trip to Oman

Darren Garrison cynapse at charter.net
Sun Jun 5 01:53:22 EDT 2005

On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 00:30:49 -0500, "Sterling K. Webb" <kelly at bhil.com> wrote:

>Darren, Steve, List
>
>    DON'T use a sharpie!!  The solvents in conventional markers will damage the disc initially and progressively.

I bought my first CD burner around 1996 or so (the cheapest double-speed I could find, at around
$500-- the cheapest quad-speed was around $1000 and there was one hot new 6-speed available for
about $10,000.  It was just CD-R because CD-RW hadn't hit the market yet-- blanks CD-Rs cost me
$12.00 each) and have used Sharpies since then.  I still have discs from that year (circa 1996).
They are still readable.