[meteorite-list] Information wanted- Hessle specimen number

fcressy fcressy at prodigy.net
Mon Jan 31 12:51:24 EST 2005

Hello all,

Thought I'd start this Monday morning off with a little detective work. I'm
trying to track the provenance of an individual of the Hessle H5 fall that
is in my collection.  It carries a specimen number that I'm unfamiliar with,
but is different enough that it's former collection should be able to be
identified.
The number is written in red ink on a white paint background.  The
collection number is written like a fraction.  In the numerator position a
letter, "M" in my case, sits over the horizontal line.  The denominator is a
number-letter combination, in my case it reads: "103.P."  So the specimen
number reads as follows:

_____
103.P.

Any help is greatly appreciated.