[meteorite-list] eBay shipping

joseph_town at att.net joseph_town at att.net
Mon Jan 3 12:50:13 EST 2005

> Dave Harris wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >Just a bit of advice wanted...
> >I have just won a mineral specimen on eBAy - it had a "Buy it now" of $65
> >but no reserve so I won it for $1.
> >
>  <snip>
>
> >I have trawled eBay for a decent email address to write to but I am buggered
> >if I can find one - any one out here can help?

Dave,

Why risk besmirching your primary account with negative feedback? If an auction looks the least bit shady in any way shape or form I use an alternate id. This way if there's a problem, so be it. Let the negatives fly! The shysters on ebay depend on the fact that an honest person will complete a deal even if the terms are ridiculous in order to avoid a negative. This is a simple solution to ward off the vultures.

Bill