[meteorite-list] Happy new year and Amguid crater

Michel Franco michel at caillou-noir.com
Mon Jan 3 05:06:12 EST 2005

Hello list

Just flew back yesterday night from Tamarasset Algeria after a 15 days trip
in the Deep Sahara.

We were 18 from France with 7 tuaregs in 5 Toyotas. 8 kids with us. Saw a
lot of wild animals, high sand dunes, ( 1000 ft high !) and found a new way
to walk to the Amguid meteorite impact crater. Spend a night there. No
cosmic material there. ( So far not found, I had my Metal detector and spent
6 hours around before a cold rain began to fall with heavy wind !)

I will put a panorama of the crater on line on my site when I have time.

Happy new year to all and best wishes of success and new discoveries.

Michel FRANCO