[meteorite-list] centimeter cubes cont.

martinh at isu.edu martinh at isu.edu
Fri Feb 18 17:00:27 EST 2005

Adam wrote:

Oh, this is about metric versus the other standard (English).  I thought it
was about something else.

Hi Adam et. al.

I thought the problem was that some folks believed that the labeled cube was 'used' to indicate some scientific connection with other professional cube users like NASA.

I use cubes all the time, but ones without labels. Only because I have no reason to use a labeled one unless I document the specimen's position in the box or envelope I pull it out of.

Anyway, the most surprising thing I have heard when someone sees a cube in person is just how small one is. A cubic centimeter is a tiny measurement.

Cheers,

Martin H.