[meteorite-list] Fall stats -- thank you!

tracy latimer daistiho at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 18 04:20:06 EDT 2004

A big "mahalo" to everyone who contributed statistics and comments about
meteorite fall rates for me.  My husband and I are combating the minions of
FUD -- Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt -- that have cropped up on another BBS.
There are people claiming (among other equally brilliant comments)  that the
Venus Transit was faked (how, I ask?!?), that the Earth is stopped in its
orbit, and that there has been a vast increase in the number of meteorites,
leading to a government coverup conspiracy, anong other certifiable
statements.  All we can do is point to the real data and continue to shoot
down ignorance whenever it appears.  Thank you all again.

Tracy Latimer