[meteorite-list] Legality of Libyan Desert Glass Artifacts Discussion

RAYDOBOS at aol.com RAYDOBOS at aol.com
Sat Jun 12 02:51:15 EDT 2004

In a message dated 6/12/2004 2:21:59 AM Eastern Standard Time,
deanbessey at yahoo.com writes:

<< professional archaeologists have made it very clear,
 contrary to you have claimed, me that even picking
 an LDG flake up off the shifting sandy desert floor
 and transporting it / exporting it without permission
 from either Egypt or Libya is unethical and illegal  >>
I sense a little(?) hypocrisy here.   It would seem
to me that archeologists have been the greatest
looters of all time concerning artifacts.    I haven't
seen any reports of any of the major museums around
the world scrambling to return the treasures taken out
of other countries.     Whether it was looted before or
after 1970,,,it was still looted.