[meteorite-list] Book about french meteorites

Pierre-Marie PELE pierre.pele at voila.fr
Tue Jul 27 05:34:20 EDT 2004

Hello again to the List.

As some of you know, I'm writing a big book about french meteorites.     It's nearly done so it may be published before the end of the year.   It will describe all known french meteorites, pseudo-meteorites, meteors observed in the sky from the 5th century to today, meteorites fallen in France but not yet recovered. It's a historical book with many ancient texts, exclusive pictures (Alby-sur-Cheran eucrite is wonderful...), strewnfield maps, bibliography, and much more !

My question is : as there won't be many customers (the subject is somewhat particular), will it be a disadvantage of not being translated into english (which would raise the selling price).    Are foreign meteorite collectors, buyers, hunters willing to buy my book written in french ?

I thank you in advance for your opinion.

Regards,

Pierre-Marie PELE