[DogParkList] Main window question

Don Agro dagro at dogparksoftware.com
Tue Mar 29 04:33:13 EDT 2016

> On Mar 29, 2016, at 12:57 AM, Helge Blucher <helgeb at me.com> wrote:
>
> I may have missed something in the help pages.

http://dogparksoftware.com/MacLoggerDX%20Help/mldxfc_dx_contest.html#callbook
Call Book Options

Service	QRZ CD-ROM/Download <http://www.qrz.com/download/>	QRZ XML <http://www.qrz.com/XML/>	HamCall.net Online <http://hamcall.net/hamonline.html>	WM7D.net  <http://www.wm7d.net/>	HamQTH  <http://www.hamqth.com/>	QRZCQ  <http://qrzcq.com/>
Speed	Fastest	Faster (depends on Internet bandwidth)	Faster (depends on Internet bandwidth)	Faster (depends on Internet bandwidth)	Faster (depends on Internet bandwidth)	Faster (depends on Internet bandwidth)
Cost
2 x $29.95 USD/Year + S&H -Discontinued

$29.95 USD/Year	$52.00 USD/Year	$0.00	$0.00	€12.99/Year
Updates	6 months	instant	instant	instant	instant	instant
Detail	Good	Excellent	Excellent	Good	Good	Good
QSL Images	Yes	Yes	No	No	Some	Some
Other Considerations	Does not require Internet connection for portable operation.	Requires Internet connection.	Requires Internet connection. Limited lookups.	Requires Internet connection. Limited international content.	Requires Internet connection, Registration	Requires Internet connection. No email field shown.

> The main window has an empty space on the right at first. When I look up a call (double click on a station in the cluster) there is a flag or image for the station on the left under the radio/rotor panel. When I look up another call the previous image shows up in the right (previously empty) panel. Why is this

QSL images have been part of MacLoggerDX since 2002. Some people like to see the QSL image of the station they are in QSO with.

> and how do I turn it off

You can’t.

> or use the space for something else?

You can detach one of the panels (like the Map) resize and position it over the QSL Image panel.

> I can hide it by making the window narrower but that reduces the number of columns in the log and cluster panels.
> 73 W8NOR

73 de VE3VRW Don Agro