[DogParkList] mode question

EZ Rhino EZRhino at fastmovers.biz
Tue Jan 19 23:36:30 EST 2010

A question for the group: lookup scripts between CocoaModem and MLDX:

There are two scripts available on the MLDX yahoo groups site (probably others, too):
1) Lookup_call_from_cocoaModem.scpt
2) Lookup and Log V5 with offset.scpt

The first one LOGS the call sign and changes the mode in my MLDX log to RTTY (whether or not the QSO was actually RTTY.)
The second one LOOKS UP the call sign only (does not log it) and does not change modes in MLDX.

I prefer to use the lookup script so I can find out about the person I am starting a QSO with. When done, I simply hit the log button in MLDX. But, In order for my log to reflect the correct mode, I have to go back and manually change it after the fact (to PSK, RTTY, etc.) With version 4, I could set the mode using the drop down arrow to PSK, and it would stay there as long as the radio did not change modes. I could go on making more QSO's and the mode would stay put as I logged each one. In the new version 5, only the bold type modes within the drop down box will stay put (bold type=actual modes in radio). ( If I select PSK, it will immediately bounce back to USB). I'm no sure what the point of having all those modes listed if they won't "stick"?

Maybe there is another script out there I am not aware of that will do what I want, or a way to get the mode to stay put without revising it in the log after the fact?

Chris
KF7P