[DogParkList] MacDoppler rotor control

Don Agro dagro at dogparksoftware.com
Sun Jul 19 13:40:35 EDT 2009

Hi Ollie,

On 2009-07-19, at 1:06 PM, Ollie Eisman wrote:

> Hi,

> I looked in the manual but didn't see a way to adjust the rate at

> which the rotor positions are updated. It appears it happens about

> once/second. I would like to slow down the rate a little to save

> wear and tear on my rotors.

MacDoppler updates the rotors once a second but only if the position
has changed more than a degree. Adding a filter to make the rotors
update less often (and thus less accurately) is a good idea, but the
G5400 Rotors on the VE3VRW Satellite Gateway have been operating 24/7
for more than 6 years without a problem.

73 de VE3VRW Don Agro