[DogParkList] WinKeyer USB ?

Jonathan G0DVJ g0dvj at amsat.org
Sat Jul 18 19:58:30 EDT 2009

I guess I will regret answering/pursuing this but...

On 19 Jul 2009, at 00:20, Don Agro wrote:

> Then this test program is the solution is it not ?

No - it's a test program which Dave W4SMT wrote to check that it
worked before he integrated the code into another OSX project,
and no - MLDX users are not asking for the solution of having a
standalone test program,
and no - from my perspective I just volunteered to help test it, but
it does allow me to check out all is well with WK without booting into
windows to test it!

> When you buy a USB peripheral which requires a software driver and

> it doesn't work; who do you call ? In a perfect world - the company

> you paid your hard earned money to. In this world, they email me.

When I have a USB peripheral that works fine with most of my apps but
has a problem with one other app, I would contact the writer of that
one app! Seems reasonable to me. After all, the hardware works.
And the USB driver is the widely used FTDI driver. That works. But
then I am just a user! But you are right Don, the way to avoid users
contacting you is not to support that hardware at all. No problem.

> It's not impossible, I just don't want to support other people's

> hardware on the Mac when they can't or won't.

OK that's clear thanks. I understand what you are saying about
adding to your support time if it doesn't work.
Now the 3 of us that asked for it know and can shut up :)

Bed time here in the UK ... nite!
J.