[DogParkList] MacloggerDX: Free Internet Lookup Discontinued

Don Agro dagro at dogparksoftware.com
Thu Dec 11 21:36:03 EST 2008

Hi Chris,

On 11-Dec-08, at 9:30 PM, EZ Rhino wrote:

> This must be due to the big upgrade (more like a downgrade) within

> QRZ.com, right?

Partially.

> 2) I'm curious as to what exactly changed that killed the free

> lookup. Are there other call sign websites that can be used to get

> a lookup?

QRZ doesn't like logging programs "scraping" their site and I can see
their point: When we "scrape" the site for lookup info, we get the
benefit of their hard work without looking at the advertisements that
help pay for it.

We now have the free WM7D.net server, and the subscription options for
QRZ and HamCall are very reasonable.