[DogParkList] DogParkList Digest, Vol 41, Issue 7

Terrence R. Redding Ph.D. terry at oltraining.com
Sat Dec 29 11:54:51 EST 2007

Good morning Kirk.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Mac. I made the transition some time ago.
For me the main problem has always been, I try to make things harder than
they are by approaching the Apple computer as if it were a PC.

If you are connected to the Internet - then your Mac's ports are configured
correctly. I assume you sent the e-mail from your new Mac - so that suggest
the problem is not the Mac.

Normally, if you have System Preferences/Network/ set to Automatic your Mac
will find the Internet and allow you to use such programs as EchoMac (the
Mac Echolink program).

When you launch the program - what happens? Be sure to select Online. If
you see the list of Echolink stations, then you were able to Login, and your
account and application have been established and are working correctly.

Try connecting to another Echolink station. If you cannot connect to
another Echolink station most likely you have a problem with a firewall,
router port configuration, or ISP port access.

So, again, tell us what happens when you try to use EchoMac.

Terry - W6LMJ
West Palm Beach, Florida
Node #100882 and #198678