[DogParkList] MLDX and K3 via KUSB & MicroHam DigiKeyer

David Ferrington, M0XDF M0XDF at Alphadene.co.uk
Sat Dec 29 10:25:23 EST 2007

Trying MLDX with K3 (s/n/ 174)

KUSB & MicroHAM DB15-EL-K3 work well with MLDX at :
baud=38400, stop bits=1, delay=3.0 ms

The MLDX Keyer works via the DigiKeyer just fine, but the K3 decoder appears
to be disabled while that is happening, I havn't figured that out yet.

Only problem is you have to sel line in as the input in SSB for the K3 to
pick up the voice keyer. Obviously this could be flipped with a PF key or
using the direct command mode in MLDX, but if MLDX coulld be modified to
allow us to send a CAT command before and after the Voice Keyer is enabled,
that would be very nice.

Now of course, I'd like all the possible functionality that the K3 CAT
command set can provide! In theroy this is every function of the radio.
Don has said in the past that the Kenwood had the largest command set, the
K3 may top it now.

I'll happerily beta test MLDX using more CAT commands to K3 if/when Don has
time to add more. Some things like display power, volume etc would be good.
--
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we
created them. -Albert Einstein, physicist, Nobel laureate (1879-1955)