[DogParkList] More Noise

ltrranch at vtc.net ltrranch at vtc.net
Sun Aug 26 15:38:38 EDT 2007

My Dear MacLogger Friends, I have located the source of the noise.
Let me describe the sequence of events: With transceiver tuned on to
20 meters, the MacLogger program up and running on the iBook. I
toggle MacLogger "on & off" to verify noise is present. I disconnect
the phono pin lead from the output of the Black Cat CI-V interface.
Toggle on & off. No noise. Put the pin back into CI-V interface. Now,
disconnect phono pin at transceiver. Toggle back and forth, noise it
present. If fact, variable noise level as I move the phono pin around
outside case of transceiver. Place my hand over the end of the phono
lead to short out and noise goes away. I'm not exactly sure what to
do next, but it obvious what is the source of the noise. Thanks Tom
N7KCX