[DogParkList] FW: CQ Zone 5

B. Scott Andersen bsandersen at mac.com
Wed Aug 1 11:19:04 EDT 2007

Gustavo,

I just ran some quick tests with my MLDX and found it to work correctly.

Which version of MacLoggerDX are you running? I am running v4.3.0
Which version of MacOS X are you running? I am running 10.4.10

Please allow me to make a suggestion: it is possible (though unlikely)
that there is a problem with your log file that is causing this ZONE
problem.
I would suggest trying the following:

1. Go the Prefs tab

2. Move the mouse over the "Logs" drop down list.

3. Select "remove". Don't worry, it won't delete anything. It just
removes the
selected directory from the list of places where MLDX looks for your
log files.

4. When the list just shows a "-", pull down "Add". Click on the
Desktop icon. Click "New Folder" and create
a new folder named "X". It doesn't matter what you name it; we're
going to throw it away when we are done.

5. Click select. We now have an empty log.

6. Exit out of MLDX. Start MLDX again. You should see an empty log.

7. Now return to the Prefs pane and make sure the Zone alarms are set
up.

8. Add a QSO. Since there are NO QSOs in the log it should alert you
that you don't have this zone.

9. Add another QSO from the same zone (make it a slightly different
callsign with the same prefix).

10. The zone alarm should NOT go off.

If this works properly, then perhaps you have a problem with the log
file itself. If it doesn't
work properly (and if you have the latest release of MLDX) then there
MIGHT be a problem
with the software--though, as I say, it is working for me.

Let's diagnose it this far and see what new data we can gather.

Let me know how this works out.

-- Scott (NE1RD)

On Aug 1, 2007, at 10:35 AM, Gustavo Berges wrote:

> Anyone have this experience and a solution for it please? Thank you.

B. Scott Andersen | "Magic is real, unless declared integer."
bsandersen at mac.com | -- The collected sayings of Wiz Zumwalt
Acton, MA (NE1RD) | http://www.bsandersen.com