[DogParkList] MacLoggerDX and Digikeyer

wm2f at comcast.net wm2f at comcast.net
Wed Jun 20 11:46:56 EDT 2007

Hi Don,
Here's my setup.
iMac G5 1.8 with 1 gig ram. Latest OSX updates installed
Icom756PROII
MicroHam Digikeyer, Lateset driver from Microham
Latest version of CocoaModem with Router.

Now my problem,
When I start MacloggerDX it connects fine via the CI-V port. So I get the freq. data but it runs real slow and is using alot of resource as per the activity monitor. It spikes from 5% to 85%. When this is occuring the VFO will take up 5 to 10 seconds to update and sometimes loose communication to the port and will start a retry. This is with MacLoggerDX only. If I start CocaoModem I loose communications completely and the computer goes into 100% CPU usage via activity monitor.(All the fans start to scream)
I have CocoaModem set for MacLoggerDX.
If I run CocaoModem alone all is fine and the computer runs fast.

A little history.
I originally had a Micro USB interface from Microham but it went bad. I ran this interface for about a year and MacLoggerDX worked great. Of course it uses a different driver. So when the interface failed I decided to upgrade to the DigiKeyer.

In summary, Im looking to run MacLoggerDX and CocaoModem together on the DigiKeyer. Since Your software worked great with MicroUSB, I suspect that its a driver issue.
Also I notice that the interface from Blackcat Systems uses the same driver as the MicroUSB. FTDI USB driver. Im thinking an alternative would be to buy the Blackcat interface and run MacLoggerDX with a seperate interface and run CocoaModem with the DigiKeyer Driver.
Well, I said alot here.
So any help or suggestions would be appriciated. Still enjoy your software.

Best 73's
Mike
wm2f at comcast.net