[DogParkList] Maximal volume/SQL from time to time

Don Agro dagro at dogparksoftware.com
Sat Apr 21 11:14:16 EDT 2007

Hi,

On 21-Apr-07, at 10:31 AM, Fokko wrote:

> I think the problem is that 1 single transmit or receive error

> triggers the endless loop.

The 'endless loop' is MacLoggerDX closing the port because of a
communication error and then re opening it.

It is not truly endless in that if it fails 10 times in a row it
gives up.

But for intermittent problems the port will be closed and then reopened.

This used to also send the volume setting to the radio - but it does
not now.

I thought the change was made in 4.3.0 but you may have to try the
4.3.1 beta.

> If MacDXlogger would send only changes made by the operator (not by

> received data -> setting control), this lawine effect could not

> happen.

This is the case - MacLoggerDX only sends the audio setting at port
open to radios that do not have a front panel.

> BTW If I turn on Debug, what should happen?

A debug log is created in the MacLoggerDX folder that contains a log
of all commands sent to the radio and received from the radio.

This is how we diagnose communications errors.

73 Don Agro VE3VRW

D o g P a r k S o f t w a r e L t d .

email: dagro at dogparksoftware.com
www: http://www.dogparksoftware.com