[DogParkList] PSK software

Brian K.Short k7on at wildblue.net
Wed Mar 14 12:19:22 EDT 2007

On Mar 13, 2007, at 8:34 PM, EZ Rhino wrote:

> This isn't MLDX specific, so bear with me:

> I know of two PSK programs for Mac's: Multi mode (ick), and

> CocoaModem. I like CM, but only having two simultaneous receivers

> drives me crazy. I am envying Digipan's multiple receive capability

> for watching several signals at the same time. Does anyone know of

> any other PSK Mac programs?

There is also a mailing list for general Mac Ham software
discussion at QTH.Net. I subscribe to that and was at first
disappointed that I was not getting MLDX questions answered
there.

I have been away from amateur radio mostly for a couple
years because of divorce and moving etc. I found this list
though!

I am using an eMac G4 with OS X 10.3.9. I am now a registered
user of MLDX (again). I have been working on getting my station
going again.

I am curious why you say (ick) about Multimode? Is there a mailing
list for that (I do know Chris is on the Ham-Mac mailing list)? Also,
I have not tried CocoaModem, yet. I guess I should? Is there a
mailing list for that? Probably Chen is on the Ham-Mac list, but
I don't know that.

I am planning to get back on digital modes with a MicroHam
DigiKeyer. One nice thing about it is that I can switch from my
eMac to my XP laptop with just one cable. Until I feel comfortable
purchasing an Intel Mac and running Vista or XP there, this is
my solution.

I never used a commercial sound card interface before, preferring
to homebrew. The DigiKeyer is pricey as is maintaining both a
PC and a Mac, but ... I would like a "WriteLog" for Mac :)

Also, there are no amateur SDR (Software Defined Radio) programs
that I know for OS X.

Someone on the Ham-Mac mailing list recently asked about the
"How-To" for porting X Linux applications to Mac. Many such
programs should be able to be made to work on OS X with X-11
as far as I know, but not all Linux apps are available for OS X
in Binary. I don't know how much work it would be to "port" them,
but it seems a worthwhile endeavor, not that I am volunteering
or have the requisite knowledge.

Are there any other general Ham-Mac watering holes?

Good luck.

--
Brian --> http://users.wildblue.net/k7on/