[DogParkList] Inaccurate listing of prefix

Don Agro dagro at dogparksoftware.com
Thu Mar 1 05:59:57 EST 2007

Hi John,

On 28-Feb-07, at 10:31 PM, John Wiener wrote:

> Recently, I used QRZ.com thru MacLoggerDX to look up a prefix. My

> apologies but I no longer remember the exact prefix but it came up as

> Spratley Island yet it was mapped very near Rome, Italy. What's

> up? I know I've read the warning that if the user lists the grid

> locator wrong that it's not MacLoggerDx's fault ... but in this case,

> I only entered the prefix. Ideas?

> John

> AB8O

MacLoggerDX also has an internal prefix/location database which we
are constantly updating.

If you find an error - send me the prefix and I will fix it.

The method by which MacLoggerDX determines a map location is rather
complex but it is explained here...

<http://www.dogparksoftware.com/MacLoggerDX/Manual/Pages/
controlwindow.html>

In the "Here is how MacLoggerDX determines Map position for a call/
prefix" paragraph.

73 Don Agro VE3VRW

D o g P a r k S o f t w a r e L t d .

email: dagro at dogparksoftware.com