[DogParkList] Rig Talk

EZRhino EZRhino at fastmovers.biz
Mon Nov 6 13:35:31 EST 2006

Is anyone familiar with RigTalk, made by West Mountain Radio?
http://www.westmountainradio.com/RIGtalk.htm

This is a USB to Icom cable, including drivers, but right now they only have drivers for a PC.  I talked to Dale at WMR and he mentioned that they are looking for guinea pigs to figure out how to make their chip contained inside the cable talk with a Mac.  The chip is a Silicon Labs CP2102.  Dale told me that it would be necessary to download the driver from Silicon Lab's website and then it might be necessary to go into Mac's equivalent of a PC  ".ini" file and manually modify it so it recognizes the chip.   I think these are the generic Mac drivers for their chips:  http://www.silabs.com/tgwWebApp/public/web_content/products/Microcontrollers/USB/en/mcu_vcp.htm

Anyways, I thought I'd pass this along.

Chris