[DogParkList] interfacing: cables & drivers?

EZ Rhino EZRhino at fastmovers.biz
Sun Nov 5 19:59:07 EST 2006

Here comes the proverbial stupid question, so bear with me:

How do I connect my IC-735 to my iMac?  First order of business is a
cable.  I don't understand the need for a serial to USB converter if I
get a cable that goes directly to USB in the first place.  Something
like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
ViewItem&ih=007&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=170045335628&
rd=1&rd=1

or this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/USB-CAT-CABLE-FOR-ICOM-IC-703-IC-706-IC-746-IC
-7000_W0QQitemZ200044377729QQihZ010QQcategoryZ48704QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrd
Z1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item200044377729

These particular unit comes with drivers for a PC, but not a Mac.  Are
the drivers cable specific, or will a generic driver for Mac work with
this cable ?  There is a link for a Universal Binary Driver on the MLDX
web site; would it work with the above cables?  Or is this a plug and
play affair?  (I thought that was the whole reason for buying a Mac...)
  I am running OSX.

I just noticed that Black Cat Systems makes a USB to Icom CI-V cable,
but at twice the price.  If anyone could steer me in the right
direction I would appreciate it.

Chris
KE7FYP

As cold waters to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country on
20 meters.
Proverbs 25:25